René has worked years honing his song-writing and is committed to learning and mastering new instruments. He’ll admit he’s his own harshest critic. This, however, has driven him to write music and songs that bend more into the unusual. Trained in jazz by the late great Ike Isaacs, René’s music and CDs are rich in elements of fusion, soul, world music, jazz and blues.
• Over 1500 gigs (bands, duos and solo): on lead vocals while either playing bass, jazz guitar or piano – being a constant presence in the Sydney and Brisbane music scene
• Regular solo performances 3 years running at Woodford Folk Festival
• Tracks on the “fRETfEST – Best of 2009 and Best of 2010” CDs
• Solo performance at ½ time soccer match at Osaka Dome for the FIFA World Cup
• Live radio performance Kobe radio: Japan
• Played bass at the AMIA music awards with Kim Wilde
• Winner: Sydney Dance Latino 2004 with Hot Chilli & Cool Wine
• Winner: Composer for “Life Without Borders” Theme Song 2004.
Beautiful Mistake (Album 1) is multilayered and a reflection of a life large in experiences. He’s lived and performed in Japan, the Middle East and much of Australia.
Too Much Perspective (Album 2) tells everyday stories with a twist of humour. “Life would be a fine comedy if we weren’t such an integral part of it all.”.
This work is acoustic, more intimate and soulful.